Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Not much to report today, although I will be attending Creative Fresno's Blender on Friday and the kick-off concert for Re:FUSE at Full Circle Brewery. Full Circle is a cool venue and the concert is only $5, so come on out, I could use all of the wingmen I can get. You should also plan on attending Re:FUSE if you are up in Fresno, it's like $15 for 40 bands, or something like that. I'll be up there Saturday Night, not sure which bands I'm going to catch though.

On an unrelated note, I am reminded again and again of a line from Richard III, 'I am strong-framed'. I currently work in a pretty male-dominated field where physical strength is a job requirement. Today, yesterday, and so many times before I have been told that I can't or shouldn't do something because it's heavy, or I'll hurt myself, or 'let the men handle it'. I have to laugh when Aunt Karen and I accomplish something, like moving a stack of 50 pound feedbags or loading 7 125 pound supplement tubs (which I just did, with no other help than the customer with the broken ribs, esh!) and a man is stunned into silence. I want to roar at the top of my lungs 'I am strong-framed'!

P.S. - Just for fun I thought I'd post a pic of me from right before my 16th birthday! That's my farewell night as Honored Queen for Job's Daughters.



No comments:

Post a Comment