Saturday, October 24, 2009

Poetry at Revue

Cindy posted an event on facebook a couple of days ago that seemed like exactly the reason I want to move north, a poetry reading. Before you all start snoring, you should know that this was a really cool event in an amazing new venue. The main draw was a woman poet from Brighton, England, very funny and intense. Just listening to her accent made me want to walk around saying 'Brilliant' all night. The rest of the poets on the bill were locals, and so impressive, I just want to wrap them up and carry them around with me.

I have to say that the highlight of my night was getting to hang out with Cindy, Cynthia and Bruce. The fact that they were there was such a mind-easer for me, and meeting Cynthia was just awesome (what a cool lady!). Drinks after at Landmark and then a Shirley Temple nightcap at Starline, what a brilliant night. The more I get out on my own in Fresno, the more I know that I'm making the right decision to move.

In honor of the night of poetry I thought I'd share something I wrote a couple of years ago.

Yes, our lord and savior

When I was 19 I
was in love with Andy
Andy was in love with
Jesus
I didn't want three people
in the relationship
Neither did Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment