Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Traditions

Holiday traditions have always been very important to me. I suppose they have always been a way for me to control my environment when I feel the most vulnerable. The problem being that, the last couple of years, my family has made it pretty clear that they have no interest in continuing the traditions that have been in our family for years. With that, and many other factors playing in, I have decided to start creating my own traditions, holiday and otherwise, and not allowing my expectations to get out of hand with regards to my family.

I had the second worst Christmas in my life this year, and I intend to put it behind me and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Well, crud. You should have joined MY Christmas tradition, and joined me at the movies! I expect you there next year.
    Seriously.
    APj

    ReplyDelete