Monday, January 11, 2010

Time

There's never enough time in the day, right? Except here I am, at 2:23pm, sitting in my office, a stack of incoming bills sitting to my left, and I am writing a blog post. What I really want to talk about, though, is the fact that, although I now have a apartment rented in Fresno, I can not move into it until mid-February, and the time between then and now seems an eternity. The days have gotten longer, the hours pass slower. Are you aware of this phenomenon?

A few years back, at the end of my tour with MCT, I felt like the last week, in Gilroy, would never end. The Wednesday of that week I went to visit my friends in the bay area and on the way back to Gilroy nearly turned east on Hwy 152 to drive home. It was only three hours away - but three days in MCT time. What was also stretching the time was my planned trip to NOLA with Nicole and Brooke. I felt like it would never come, and yet on the trip it felt like we didn't have enough time to get to everything.

Time is currently playing lots of tricks on me. I need to find a job in the next month, in order to be able to sustain myself in Fresno, and it seems like I've been job hunting forever. I need to pack my belongings so that I am ready for the move, but I keep telling myself, 'Oh, I've got plenty of time'. It doesn't help that I am a confirmed procrastinator.

Enough about that, how cute is this picture of Karen R., myself and my mom with Love And Theft, from KJUG's Jingle Jam concert this Dec.? They signed my guitar! You can't tell from the picture, but my outfit was super cute, always with the red.


No comments:

Post a Comment