Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back to the light

Those of you that know me well know that the mopey-schmopeyness that I post is not what I am like in person. I'm not sure what that is all about, just that I am an incurable optimist with a sad streak. Today I thought I'd post some pictures of what makes me happy when I am really feeling blue, in no particular order.

1. My theatre friends. This is a picture of Brooke and I presenting a director's gift to Teresa Hylton. I think that this show was pretty bad, and I don't care, I had such a good time doing it. I got to chase Brooke and Jenn around with a broom, make fake sex sounds with Rick (seems to be a theme with me and Tennesee Williams), and generally do my craft. Brooke looked absolutely gorgeous in this show, although I think that the two of us costumed her better for The Foreigner.

2. Old-timey pictures of my grandparents. This is my Grandpa Nalbandian's family, that's him in the military uniform in the middle. This particular picture always makes me wish I had taken after Aunt Charlotte, on the right of grandpa, and not like Aunt Sarah, furthest left. They're very Armenian looking though, don't you think.
My Grandfather was a paratrooper in WWII. His purple heart is from a jump on the island of Corrigedor (sp?), where he spent three days fighting on a broken foot, making sure that the men who were fighting along side him were safe, before he asked for medical attention.
I just love seeing old pictures that remind me that he was a hotty. My grandmother was quite a beauty as well, I'll have to find a picture and post it.

3. People laughing. Especially when those people are ones I know and love. This is Uncle Jim (in the white Cowboy hat) and Aunt Karen at the Three Rivers Roping. I love to see pictures of them having fun.
So this is what's making me happy today, oh and 'The Diamond Age' by Neal Stephenson. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you and Brooke. Brought back memories of my horrible accent. Your right it was a bad show, but I had a great time doing it.

    Serg

    ReplyDelete