Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Food and Fashion

If you haven't noticed, I'm taking a turn on this blog. I'll be talking about my life in general, food, fashion, all kinds of things. I hope that you all, my faithful few readers, will stick with me while I figure myself out here.

I've been trying to make a effort to look good everyday, but with the heat that we've had it's been a challenge. This pic is from the end of the day, after I pulled my hair up to cook, after I took out my earrings and took off my sandals. This top is an old faithful and I hit myself for not purchasing it in five or six colors.

Shirt: Torrid
Shorts: Lane Bryant
Tonight's dinner is my favorite easy recipe - Taco Soup. I make variations of this depending on what I have in my cabinets. Tonight I made it with Ground Turkey, but usually it's beef. And, yes, that is a glass of Kool-Aid.
Taco Soup
1 pound Ground Beef or Turkey
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Lima and/or Black Beans
1 can Whole Corn Kernels
1 can Sliced Carrots
Brown the meat in deep pot, sometimes I will caramelize some onions first and then add the meat to cook, drain oil off then add both seasoning packets. At this point I like to add about an half cup of wine or Balsamic Vinegar, but it's not necessary. Reduce liquids. Add all other ingredients, with the water in their cans. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes. I sometimes add pasta. This can easily be done in the Crock Pot and it is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment